Forum trouble?

Is it just me or is anyone else having problems with the site?

When I make a reply to a post and submit it, my post is added but it also appears as an edit window still below my just-posted post.

Also - when I try and edit my post the edit window opens up but the text of my post flashes by and does not show. If I re-type the entire post with my edits and save it, the edits do not appear.

This has been happening for 3-4 days now.

Edited by ginerjm

I've been a member for several years and only just started experiencing this problem. No update to my browser(IE) nor my system that I know of. As I said it just began 3-4 days ago.

And hnow come this post no longer shows up in the forum where I posted it? If it was wrongly posted, please advise how to followup with this problem report.

Well - as you can see from my edits above, it seems the IE is the only browser that I have that has this problem.  Something has changed - something that I didn't do.  Apparently M$ has struck again!  A christmas present that I didn't see coming.

Ok - this is weird.  This edit is being done in IE and my previous post of this message did not leave a duplicate on screen.  

Problem has disappeared suddenly and I didn't do anything.

Edited by ginerjm

Disregard my previous. Problem is still with me. Just tried to edit a post in the PHP Help forum and couldn't. Tried to edit my above post and couldn't. When I click on Edit I get the window (basic editor) and see my post for a second and then it blinks out and I'm left with an empty edit window to fill in.

Edited by ginerjm

I opened this up in Chrome and hit f12 which is showing a lot of panes with stuff that means nothing much to me.  There are elements in red such as css settings but most of it is blue or black

Tried an edit of this post.  Console now shows the following (pasted):

(underlined)ckeditor.js?nck=fb99e14e49767998a66e3b7a9956074d:142(end_underline)
 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'save' of undefined

Where is this WHSIWHG switch? In Chrome? In IE? Here?

Edit:

Seems that the problem just might be AdFender. I have had it installed for months now and never had a problem before. Just disabled it and quoting and editing work fine now.

Edited by ginerjm

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.