Need help with contact form

Ajith

Hello,

I need a contact form with fields:

Name:

Email:

Phone:

I have html contact form but when a visitor clicks on submit button then a pop up says thnq for contacting us and he need to be on the same page. the details has to get in mail to me.

<form action="" method="post" name="contact">
<input type="text" name="name" placeholder="First and Last Name" /><br />
<input type="email" name="email" placeholder="Email Address" /><br />
<input type="text" name="phone" placeholder="Phone Number" /><br />
<textarea name="message">
Type Your Message Here
</textarea><br />
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Send" /><br />
</form>

<?php
if(isset($_POST['submit'])){
$name = $_POST['name'];
$email = $_POST['email'];
$phone = $_POST['phone'];
$message = $_POST['message'];

$to = 'Your Email Address';
$subject = 'Contact Message From - ' . $name;
$body = "Name: {$name}\n
Email: {$email}\n
Phone: {$phone}\n
{$message}";

mail($to, $subject, $body);

}

Note, though the code above from chriscloyd should work as a contact form that sends you an email - you MUST apply some form of security to the data posted by the user otherwise you'll swiftly find your database corrupted or your contact form becomes used for sending spam mail. ALWAYS, always validate the user somehow - even if its just one of those annoying captchas.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ensure you have set the correct email address in the $to variable. It's difficult to know what your issue is unless you post your current code though.

http://php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

http://email.about.com/od/emailprogrammingtips/qt/How_to_Send_Email_from_a_PHP_Script.htm

http://www.w3schools.com/php/func_mail_mail.asp

Every one of the above pages explains how to use the mail() function. I advise care regards security once more.

'Popups' are achievable by several means - again, a short trawl through the first page of results from your favourite search-engine will provide you with examples on how to achieve this. However, it would be worth bearing in mind from a UX point of view, that the method of displaying an item the user has to dismiss before they can access the page's content, should be used only at apposite times. i.e. if a user is about to delete something that will be irretrievable. Why can't you just show the 'Thank You' on the page in a highly visible manner?

Anyway, it's not for me to dictate your strategy, I merely offer information. If you do continue the 'popup' route, you might consider jQuery or some other javascript library.

Good luck.

Edited by wezhind

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.