Laptop trouble

ignace

Hi,

My mother-in-law asked me to check on her laptop (win8) and I tried but was unable to find a solution.

The problem is that the hard-drive is at a constant 100% which makes the laptop really slow except in safe mode.

Process list shows no process using 100% of the hdd, I already did a chkdsk and it returned no errors.

I suspect it's due to the task scheduler and stopping the active tasks indeed lowers the hdd usage to 6-11% but it does not remain there probably because new tasks are started. I also removed several software which I suspected were the ones creating the tasks to no avail.

It appears as if Windows itself is running tasks that slow down the laptop to a crawl, but disabling task scheduler does not seem a good idea.

Any ideas?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.