Passing session in Two different Hosting

lilmer

Hello, we got a site running in to different servers, the other one is a sub domain that will  be use as internal pages and the other one is external. As of that I need to pass session to see if a user details.

Is there a another secure way to pass session data to other server without storing on the database?

I found that it can be setup on php.ini

session.cookie_domain

is it safe to use? can I test it directly through my hosting without any intervention on the web site. Our site now is up and running and ha a thousand of user.

If you don't use a database, then the session data will only be stored on one server. Both servers could read the session cookie, but only one of them has the corresponding data. If you stored it in a database then both servers could access it.

You could also do something like a network share, but that will probably be a lot slower.

• Like 1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.