Third party script backend - custom frontend vs. cms

Troelsbur

Hello guys,

I am new on this forum, and I really hope that some of you guys can help me some way!

I have this price comparison site (link to site), and this is build in and third party script. I do though have the source code for the script, so I can modify all I want.

The thing is that we want, to reduce our frontend code, and start from scratch, so we are designing a totally new site right now. But when we implement the design, we will only keep our Database and our administration panel, and then make a custom frontend, synced with the Database.

The question is now, how do you guys think we should do it:

1. Completely custom code from scratch with bootstrap framework.
  2. Use an cms system like wordpress, drupal etc. to create the frontend part (maybe use a template and change it to our own design), and then just sync the database to our search and product listing pages. If yes, can you recommend a cms?

I really want to hear, if you have other thoughts about the project, and maybe some great ideas on frameworks, coding, scripts etc.

Thanks in advance!

Best

Troels

Edited by Troelsbur

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.