reset password for phpmyadmin

moose-en-a-gant

So... I had an idiot moment 

I linked a database connection file which had the host, user, password, dbname info in it and as an idiot, I forgot to put the <?php and ?> around the information...

So I refresh the page and bam! There's my private information displayed as plain text...

I'm probably being paranoid in a way that someone has seen it or a bot has recorded it somehow since my website isn't even known about yet

But I think that since the password has been displayed in public that I am at risk

So I'm wondering how to change it

This is the primary password login where you are at the phpmyadmin login page and you say "root", password....

I saw some terminal commands like this one

mysql -h your_host -u root
SET PASSWORD FOR root@localhost = PASSWORD('yourpassword');

Tried it, didn't really work

Not sure how to reset the phpmyadmin password, any help would be greatly appreciated

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.