How to track down the physical location of a file with a relative URL.

tommytx
Go to solution Solved by Werezwolf,

When you have a php page located in the plugin directory in a folder for example /myplugin and in one of the pages loaded on my backend does not have the full url.. meaning relative for example options.php w/o any of the url.. (relative url) No <base href" is being used as far as I can tell. and when submitted it sends a bunch of post data.. to someurl/options.php which I can't find. Is there anyway to know for sure where its going... I assumed that since its a relative URL and its in the normal wp /plugin folder and then in /myplugin folder that the URL would be /plugin/myplugin/option.php Is that correct?... the problem I cannot find options.php in the /plugin folder or /myplugin folder so where the heck is it landing.. is there any way to find out? I tried changing the options.php to option,php w/o the s in the hopes it would call out an error like 404 and show the path... I also put in a full url in front of it and caught it on the other end with a master post catcher command and it showed lots of data being sent by post.. so it works great.. but i cannot find the physical file..nor the actual full url to track the file down at the end of the landing page.
Please help...

• Solution

Wordpress has a few options.php files

one in WP-includes and one in WP-admin

I haven't drilled into the word-press directories but there might be a number of them

If your including or requiring a page from a wordpress functions page you might very well be inheriting it from somewhere else in these directories

this may help

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=option.php%20options.php%20site:https://github.com/WordPress/

Edited by Werezwolf
  • Like 1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.