Dynamic DB driven menu

VinceGledhill

HI People.

I have a website which uses Joomla.  However, it's a pain in the backside to administer.

Everything has to be done three fold in the back end to get anything done.

Could someone point me towards somewhere where I can learn how to make the menu dynamically with information from the DB?

Regards

Vince Gledhill

If you are wanting a solution to use with joomla, you might have better luck over on the Third Party Script forum or a joomla forum.

Scrolling through any of the "Custom Menu" tutorials - they all seem overly bulky with how they are administered through the admin control panel.

Just my opinion but that is one problem you face when using these one size fits all CMS systems.

Ok, it would be hard to point to a specific tutorial without knowing what you are using or how its set up now.

So maybe it would be better to show the relevant code you are using and a description of what the desired result is vs. what you are getting.

Then someone can help get you going in the right direction.

Just a blank "card" sounds odd, do you have any error reporting set?

If not add this to the top of the page and see if it tells you anything

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set("display_errors", 1);

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.