What is differences between hostings?

Markds

Hello to everyone, I guess It's a right place to ask.

Сurrently think what to choose for hosting my web-site. I used GoDaddy which is not so good. I had poor customer service and I get emails back within 1,2 days. Moreover sometimes I noticed incorrect display of data on the site through different browsers. And now I want to try another hosting. What do u guys think about CDN hosts? I read a lot about merits and low latency, is it really true? And one more question. Does using a CDN guarantee 100 percent availability for my site?

Thank you for your consideration.

Moreover sometimes I noticed incorrect display of data on the site through different browsers.

GoDaddy has nothing to do with that, and if you move then you'll still have that same problem. It has to do with your stuff.

And now I want to try another hosting. What do u guys think about CDN hosts?

Two different things. Can't have a CDN without a backend host, in one form or another.

I read a lot about merits and low latency, is it really true? And one more question. Does using a CDN guarantee 100 percent availability for my site?

CDNs are about distributing static content by using lots of servers scattered around the world, each with a copy of the files you're trying to serve. With servers closer to the users, yes that means lower latency. A place like the PHP Freaks forums cannot use a CDN for the threads and posts and such because that isn't static, but it can use one for the CSS and images and other files that its pages need that don't change often.

No one guarantees 100% uptime. What they will guarantee, if anything, is a certain number of "9s". For example, "five 9s" means 99.999% (which is about 25 seconds of downtime per month, on average).

• Like 1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.