Run Webcam on button click

EHTISHAM

All web application that I have used which interact with a web camera (virtual meeting applications) all use plug-ins. Most of the ones have required a separate install, but one of the current ones we use appears to use Flash. You would either need to build your own plug-in or find a way to integrate with flash (I have no experience with this).

So, not only can you not do this with PHP, you need something more than just HTML/JavaScript (probably). There could be something built into HTML5 to assist with this, but I doubt it. Seeing as it would interact with something on the user's PC it would definitely require user interaction to enable it. Could you imagine if some random web page was able to start your webcam and take pictures without your consent?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.