php permission denied

miloafg
Go to solution Solved by Muddy_Funster,

• Warning: include_once(/var/www/html/scripts/klassementscript.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/klassement.php on line 90

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'scripts/klassementscript.php' for inclusion (include_path='.') in /var/www/html/klassement.php on line 90

can anyone help me with this?

the php user account on the server does not have read/execute permission for either those files or their containing folder.  Just fix the permissions and you should be good to go.

Well, I have the same problem :)

[newuser@centos-box ~]$ whoami
newuser

[newuser@centos-box ~]$ touch file.php

[newuser@centos-box ~]$ ls -l file.php 
-rwxrwxr-x. 1 newuser newuser 0 Jun 16 07:55 file.php

[newuser@centos-box ~]$ ./file.php 
bash: Permission denied

I haven't run php direct from the console before, so we're well out my comfort zone, does it run under the logged in user or does it still need the php user account to launch? I'm hoping the latter as that at least makes sense to why it would still be denied. even though you are allowed to execute the script, php itself is not...that's what I'm thinking anyway.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.