PHP News by Email

ebang

What I want to do is be able to send email to an email address, like news@mydomain.com, and I want to be able to post the contents of the email on my website. In other words, I want to email news to an email account and have the news show up on my site. Even better, could I limit it so it only posts news from certain email addresses? Thanks a lot for any help-

Kevin

This would be rather difficult to achieve actually.  Number one, you should try and see if you can build a web based email system that will allow you to send, recieve, delete, etc mail via your web browser. 

If you've done that and all goes well, use the same setup to achieve what you're asking -- only problem with this is that regardless of how you program it, you'd have to visit a link in order to recieve the emails, and populate the news table in the database. 

Might just be more simple to create an add news script that is password protected, and only create passwords for those who you wish to have access.  That's the way I am doing it on my site.

could you not write the file on a web page, rather than email, and have the page add it into your site/database and email it to a list of people. (could be stored in a variable or database to save time and for easy addition with no extra work!)

Would make life a hell of alot simpler, and you could still make it so it appeard to come from news@yourdomin.com

Doing entirly by email would be extreemly complex, and to have it automaticaly up date (with out clicking a line like radar sugests) would envole setting up some sore of cron job or something.  Lot of hastle to avoid using a web form!! and it could still take html or whatever you want so long as you put the right headers in.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.