testing php mail function

wright67uk

<?php
$to      = 'website@mysite.com';
$subject = 'the subject';
$message = 'hello';
$headers = 'From: website@mysite.com' . "\r\n" .
    'Reply-To: website@mysite.com' . "\r\n" .
    'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion();

mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
?>

All of my websites contact forms have stopped working, so I decided to use the above file as a test.

...no email is sent.

Although godaddy will not admit it there is an issue with my hosting account.

Is there a way I can bypass godaddy and use a third part service to send my emails until this server issue has been resolved?

Can you recommend any hosting providers that are more reliable?  

Can you recommend any hosting providers that are more reliable?

Hate to say it, but most any of 'em?

I like RootBSD.net, but it ain't Linux.  BSD is faster, but much more bare-bones, generally speaking.  I grok the command line, but not everyone does, nor does everyone wish to ....

Yes Godaddy is terrible and honestly should not be used even if they fix the server issue.  They have tons of accounts on blacklists for email, so it's highly advised not to use them.  Your best alternative at this point would be to use a SMTP service.  I suggest making a gmail account for each business website and use phpmailer to send the emails through SMTP to gmail.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.