<hr> can't set thickness

ronc0011
Go to solution Solved by cyberRobot,

I've been trying for 2 hours to set the thickness on an hr tag and no matter what I try the best I can get is something that looks like a box. If I give it something like size: 25em; or height;20px; "whichever you like"

the best I can get is something that looks like a box, a vertical line on the right side that is apparently 25 em high with a horizontal line that appears to be maybe 2px high.

Is there a way to actually change the thickness of the line/

I've already read that one ond all the others that show up on the first page of a Google search. they all give the results I described here. So apparently there is no way to actually set the thickness of the line.

I even tried just using a underscores in a h1 tag and then styling with margin font-weight, font-size etc. but couldn't actually get reliable cross browser results i.e. centering etc.

BTW this is for an Ebay listing which allows HTML in its editing page

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.