Redirect from PHPBB2

websiteguy

Hi,
I'm fairly new to PHP, but not to programming. Anyway, my problem is that I have an established forum as the top level domain. I want to add a Home Page first, but I don't want to reinstall the forum.
I can redirect from the index.php to the Home page, but then how can I have the forum accessed from the Home page and get past the redirect?
I sure would appreciate help. This PHP is really getting me excited. Weird, huh!?
Curt

Just move all your files into a folder called forums and put an html page called index.html page in the root with a link to your forums.  The only change you would have to make is changing the url settings in the admin config area from yoursite.com  to yoursite.com/forums.  Pretty simple actually.

Thanks!
I thought of that, but I was afraid that there would be problems with other files pointing to the original url. Especially database fields. I'll give it a shot. That would be much simpler!
It will be a while before I implement. Just getting a game plan for now. Wish I could give you immediate feedback.
Thanks again for the help!
Curt

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.