:nth-child()

VanityCrush
Go to solution Solved by maxxd,

Hello,

I have an unordered list with 5 classes (don't ask)..

<ul class="error_list reg_errors chpw_errors actv_errors profile_errors">

I have used .error_list:nth-child(1) to target reg_errors and .error_list:nth-child(2) to target chw_errors class.

How can I target the 5th class of this element without using :last-child? [i will be adding more classes to it]

I've tried

:nth-child(5n+1)

and it works, however it is also targeting the reg_errors class. I know this is a mess, but I can't find a better solution as I need to dynamically generate each class depending on the user's action.

• Solution

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here. Are you trying to target DOM elements with a class of 'reg_errors' and/or 'chpw_errors', or are you trying to target the selectors themselves? If I'm reading your post correctly, that's not how nth-child() works - take a look here and here.

Explain a bit more about what you're trying to do, what you expect to happen, and what's happening right now, and we'll be better able to help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.