Test my workout tracker

racken

The UI is not intuitive. I had no idea how to add a new workout. Also the formatting help returned nothing.

Not everything has a weight like push-up or sit-up (which is not equal to your bodyweight) unless you would use a weighted vest.

Cheers for having a look, I have fixed the formatting help button and rewritten to show how you can add bodyweight exercises

and in terms of usability was it only adding a log you have trouble with or where there other issues with it?

I really want to try and get usability down as that was pretty much the point of the site

Im going to add a track button which would take you directly to adding a workout and write up some help files

Haha yeah I guess thats not too clear, volume is total volume of weight moved during that session or for the exercise 4*20*60 = 4800 for bodyweight moves you can use

BWx20x4 and for using a weighted vest it would be BW+60x20x4

I also wouldn't show the overlap in the middle calendar. I confused the 8 and 9 in july with the one in august.

Maybe also increase the number of reps you can compare with. Currently it is set to max. 10 while people who train on strength go for much higher reps.

And is this tool meant to log what you did on a day or is this to plan your week/month too?

EDIT:

I noticed I can't log out nor can I manage my account?

Also why don't you ask for gender, bodyweight, waist, fat percentage on registration? You need gender for most calculators like Wilks and Sinclair. The bodyweight is useful so you don't have to ask it on every log entry.

Edited by ignace

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for having another look

Each log is just a log of a single day.

I have made changes based on your feedback, hopefully I'm starting to go in the right direction :)

When I have time I am going to write up a intro guide that will shown to every after they first register that will cover the super basics.

If anyone else has any more feedback or idea on how to improve it I would really appreciate it. 

• 1 month later...

You have a few server security issues. 

1. Your site is vulnerable to Click Jacking.

2. You are advertising your PHP version (PHP/5.3.29)

3. Your PHP version is out of date. Current Stable PHP 5.6.13

4. You allow directory browsing. http://weightroom.uk/css/ http://weightroom.uk/img/

5. You are vulnerable to cross-domain Javascript inclusion (Host your JS on your server instead of linking to someone else's server.)

6. Auto Complete is not disabled for your login fields.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

It appears you have switched to Laravel. That framework should take care of a lot of security vulnerabilities automatically for you as long as you don't circumvent their procedures. You can of course make your own security vulnerabilities with code, so you should still be mindful of that.

I would argue that #5 and #6 of Master Coder's points are arguably not necessary to change. CDN's are pretty widely used and you are using some reasonably trustworthy sites. The one I might move into your domain specifically is bootstrap.min.js, although it's not a big deal either way.

The point of #6 is to prevent other users from logging into their account while using that users computer. While this may be a security vulnerability, it is also a choice by the user. You should not be overriding the users preferences unless you have a very good reason to do so. If you were protecting sensitive information such as credit cards, bank account information, SSN's, etc, then maybe consider preventing that, but even in that case, this is a user preference and you are counteracting features built into a browser. That's just my 2 cents there. This link (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2530/how-do-you-disable-browser-autocomplete-on-web-form-field-input-tag) has some useful information on stopping autocomplete. Although you'll notice that Firefox partially ignores the rules of the autocomplete="off" tag and asks the user if they want to autofill.

With that, I will say you should make your own custom 500 page and put your Laravel installation into production mode / prevent error messages outputting to the user. Your 404 page could use some navigation back to the homepage as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.