Multiple jQuery libraries

piearcy

I took on the daunting task of reducing the size of a  Magento site. Beast that. 

At any rate, I have 3 different jQuery libraries loading. 1.10.1, 1.11.1, and 2.1.3. Then 2 different migrates which I would think would fix migration issues if I removed the two older versions. 

But just removing 1.11.1 gives me the error of 'jQuery is not a function, jQuery is not defined.' many times. 

Understanding no conflict is being used which should kill $ but not jQuery? 

What is the easiest way for me to migrate to using solely 2.1.3 and killing off the other two libraries? Perhaps a change log to see what has been removed since 1.10.1 and 1.11.1? 

I'd appreciate any advice on this one as I'm a php developer and write in jQuery but it is not my forte. 

Thanks

If you have a Javascript error before the jQuery library, then all script execution will end. Thus, jQuery will never have been defined.

I was thinking this is what is going on. A plugin is calling for the library before it's actually loaded. 

Thanks. Love the signature. :-)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.