Zooming ability of image with slider or + - buttons

Ralph2

I have a very large image (a map) that I would like to open at whatever size my users monitor / browser window allows. Then, to provide details I want the user to be able to zoom in and move the image to suit the area they are interested in.

I have found a reference to something called  "jQuery gZoom Plugin" that judging from the demos would suit my needs perfectly. But.. it seems this is no longer available as on gets a  "lab.gianiaz.com could not be found message".

So.. does anyone have any other solutions? Where this jQuery gZoom Plugin could still be found for downloading?  I do not want what seems to be popular a local zoom of part of the image but to zoom the entire image... allow grabing and moving.. and allow clicking of hot spots (icons) to open an information box / other image.

Using DW6, if it makes any difference.

Thank you all for your time.

Ralph

Sounds like you're gonna need Ajax to accomplish the zooming,grabbing and moving, etc.

Making the map to fit on the user's monitor can be accomplished setting a width in percentages (max-width/min-width) while detecting the window size using JavaScript to adjust it accordingly for any screen resolution. Unless I'm misunderstanding your question.

Is the map you're using a google maps api by any chance?

You could also check this out if that's the case: google_maps

Edited by VanityCrush

Sounds like you're gonna need Ajax to accomplish the zooming,grabbing and moving, etc.

Is the map you're using a google maps api by any chance?

You could also check this out if that's the case: google_maps

Yes this is a Google satellite map.. sort of. A number of screen shots (12) of a route taken with a GPS enabled dash camera. Combined into one roughly 2000 x 2200 px image.

Any suggestions re the Ajax??

There are many jQuery plugins that will do that. here is one: https://github.com/acornejo/jquery-cropbox

just google "jQuery image crop" for many others. Most will do zoom in addition to crop and other functions.

Thank you, will look at your suggestion and try your search suggestion as well. So far the ones I have found use a local magnification, where I want the whole image to magnify.. and be able to select hot spots (icons) to then show something else.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.