expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result

acctman
Go to solution Solved by Barand,

I'm trying to resolve these to mysqli update changes. I've rewritten the statements a few times but just keep receiving errors. Can some show me how to rewrite the mysqli_result() correctly. - thanks

Warning: mysqli_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in 

Warning: mysqli_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in 
$loadSession = mysqli_query($con, "SELECT smo.* FROM social_members_online AS smo 
LEFT JOIN social_members AS sm ON smo.o_id=sm.m_id WHERE smo.o_id='".session_id()."' ...);

$result = mysqli_fetch_assoc($loadSession);

// Check the Result

if (mysqli_num_rows($loadSession) == 0) {

// User has no session, create one
   mysqli_query($con, "INSERT INTO social_members_online (o_id,o_start,o_last,o_session_id,o_ip) VALUES (".(int)$_SESSION['userid'].", ".time().",".time().",'".session_id()."','$
   } 

$loadSession will contain either a valid result object or, if the query failed, the boolean value "false"

Your query failed - check the value given by $con->error

but I have

if (mysqli_num_rows($loadSession) == 0) {

to had if it's 0 (false). Am I missing something?

$loadSession will contain either a valid result object or, if the query failed, the boolean value "false"

Your query failed - check the value given by $con->error

after re-reading your response I found the problem. I did not have the database in $con... the error checked worked.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.