User comments on web pages

rjisinspired

I am looking for advice, places for guides or tutorials on how to go about using a mysql database for storing and retrieving user comments/feedback from multiple web pages from my own small and basic web site.

Right now I am using one mysql database for storing user comments. The comments data that are produced from the input from any web form, on any page on my site, echo the same comments data onto all web pages when what I am instead looking for is a separation of comments relating to their own unique web page in which the comments were originally applied to, i.e. Having the database know where the original comment came from, which web page, and post the comment to the correct web page.

In a nutshell it is a small paranormal web site that will have pages of evp sound files for people to comment on.

Thanks for any help anybody may have.

You need to study on how to build a properly structured relational database. Some ideas you should think about are what attributes you want to link to what data. Such as the name of the page from where an item came from should be stored with that item, or linked to it along with other data directly linked to that item.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.