Need harvesting script for pulling products/details from supplier site

simcoweb

Greetings. We're running a WooCommerce cart for a client. The problem is that his supplier apparently doesn't provide any type of spreadsheet with their product info that we can use to import them into our cart. As a result, it's taking literally months to gather images, product descriptions and so forth from the supplier's site. The client is clueless on what to do and i'm tired of hand-scraping info off their site and trying to match it up with WooCommerce's needs regarding product fields.

So, what i'm hoping is SOMEONE... anyone....has info on a script that can harvest product information from a source site and compile it into a CSV file. I've searched in some of the typical places but can't find anything suitable or product orientated.

Please advise if you have info that could help. Thanks!

The best thing to do is talk to this supplier and have them make a csv or an api that clients can access it.

Do not know the supplier.

There won't be an all around script for such a thing as site scraping is usually specific to a site.

I'm sure are programmers here that can make such a script for a price.

You can post any jobs in the freelance section

Edited by QuickOldCar

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.