Paypal checkout and php - A bit lost...

bambinou1980

Hello,

I am struggling understanding exactly how the Paypal logic works.

From the info I got, you need to POST an hidden field with the notify_url parameter name and set a return url.

1)My first question is, will I be able to GET multiple returned parameters on successful transaction? Will the GET parameters be passed if the transaction fails?

2)My script is about multiple shops, users will checkout and the money will go in whatever shops they are buying from, my worry is that Paypal may need and API key of some sort to send the money to an account, is it possible to send money to different shops from the same domain?

3)Something that completly confused me is this:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/apiCredentials/

Why use an API key, username,password if you can just send payments without it

Thank you,

The reason for the api is to integrate it into a site for payments, then check if payment was actually made.

Paypal has a few different payment types.

You would want the integrated paypal pro/business.

Create a developer account at https://developer.paypal.com/

Once you make that account click "application" then "sandbox accounts", use that for testing.

https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/lifecycle/ug_sandbox/

If you have multiple domains and the accounts are someone elses, they should each have their own paypal accounts and you supply a way they can insert their credentials(api key) and ability to set each IPN URL in your script.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Is there a way to send something to paypal without an API key?

IE:

I have domainA.com

with multiple shops

When customer buys he may checkout to:

Business1@business-paypal-address1.com

or

business2@business-paypal-address2.com

or

business3@business-paypal-address3.com

a few hundreds of them.

It is my understand that we can create a form with the "notify_url" hidden field, then the cart items to paypal, and GET the call back parameters, if this works that way, where is the API key needed?

Thanks,

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.