display records

ianhaney50

I could not get the last repair_id outputting so am tackling this issue from another angle, I am going to do away with repair_id and just use id which is AI and primary key

I am going to display the whole row instead but limit it to 1 and order by ID DESC so shows the highest id number but the issue I got is it shows all records but the second I put LIMIT 1 in it only shows the id number and no other data, am getting bit fed up with to be honest but want to get it done

I have the following coding at the moment

<?php
$servername = "";
$username = "";
$password = "";
$dbname = "";

// Create connection
$conn = new mysqli($servername, $username, $password, $dbname);
// Check connection
if ($conn->connect_error) {
    die("Connection failed: " . $conn->connect_error);
}

//run the query
$sql = "SELECT * FROM repairs ORDER BY id DESC";
$result = mysqli_query($conn, $sql);

if (mysqli_num_rows($result) > 0) {

//fetch the results
while($row = mysqli_fetch_assoc($result)) {

echo $row['id'] . $row['repair_id'] . " " . $row['customer_name'] . " " . $row['customer_email'] . " "  . $row['customer_phone'];
}
} else {
    echo "0 results";
}
echo $sql;

mysqli_close($conn);

?>

This is outputting the following

17 16 15 14 13 12004 Ian Haney ianhaney@broadwaymediadesigns.co.uk 01268 92843011004 Ian Haney ianhaney@broadwaymediadesigns.co.uk 01268 92843010 9 8003 Ian Haney ianhaney@broadwaymediadesigns.co.uk 01268 9284307003 Ian Haney ianhaney@broadwaymediadesigns.co.uk 01268 9284306003 Ian Haney ianhaney@broadwaymediadesigns.co.uk 01268 9284305002 Ian Haney ianhaney@broadwaymediadesigns.co.uk 01268 9284304001 Ian Haney ianhaney@broadwaymediadesigns.co.uk 01268 9284303 2 SELECT * FROM repairs ORDER BY id DESC

Please help me and see where I am going wrong with it

Your output seems to be exactly what you are echo-ing.  If you want it formatted, do it with your echo or simply add another echo to output a line break. (inside the loop).

As for missing items and the limit 1 points - show us that code if you want to discuss it.

Thank you for the reply, appreciate it

Below is the code with the LIMIT in the query

<?php
$servername = "";
$username = "";
$password = "";
$dbname = "";

// Create connection
$conn = new mysqli($servername, $username, $password, $dbname);
// Check connection
if ($conn->connect_error) {
    die("Connection failed: " . $conn->connect_error);
}

//run the query
$sql = "SELECT id, customer_name, customer_email, customer_phone FROM repairs ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 1";
$result = $conn->query($sql);

if ($result->num_rows > 0) {

//fetch the results
while($row = $result->fetch_assoc()) {

echo $row['id'] . " " . $row['customer_name'] . " " . $row['customer_email'] . " "  . $row['customer_phone'];
}
} 
else {
    echo "0 results";
}
echo $sql;

$conn->close();

?>

All that code does is output the following

17 SELECT id, customer_name, customer_email, customer_phone FROM repairs ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 1 

It seems to stop at the id number and not output the name, email and phone

Very strange isn't it

I altered the coding to what you provided and now outputs the following

id 17 name email phone 
SELECT id, customer_name, customer_email, customer_phone FROM repairs ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 1 

is very weird that it outputs the id number but not the customer name, email and phone

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.