mysql table settings

samowns
Go to solution Solved by Psycho,

hello guyz am newbie in mysql php..i want if any user register. in my admin area there is reminder of fees .like id 1 simran join date 7-10-2015 after 30 days in my admin area reminds simran's fees is pending..any one plz help me ...thnxx in advance

here is table name users

sfcuu0.jpg

Edited by samowns

Not enough information to help:

Are these one-time fees? If not, you will need to track when fees are paid separately from the joined date. In fact, it should be stored in a separate table so you can maintain a history. Even if the fees are a one-time event, there's nothing in your current table to know if fees have been paid or not. And, unless fees are required to be paid in full at one time, you would still want a separate table to track them. Only if fees are paid once (non renewed) and in full at once, you will need a separate table. And, even if it is all at once and non-recurring, you will need an additional field in the existing table to track when they are paid. So, some database changes will be needed.

Then, how are you wanting these reminders to occur? Do you just want a reminder through the UI - either the user sees it when logging in, a management page, etc. Or, do you want a proactive notification such as an email? The former just requires a DB query to get the requisite data and display the appropriate content. But, the latter would require a scheduled even to check for payments that are older than a specified period and initiate an email or emails.

• Solution

You didn't answer my questions, so why should I take the time to answer yours? I don't see how the joined date can be used to know if a user has paid their fees (even though the field doesn't even state that it is a joined date). That date only tells you, presumably, when they joined. So, what data are you storing to know when a user has paid the fees? Are you reducing the fees field when they make payment? That's a poor way to do it since you would have no history of exactly when they were paid and how much they paid.

But, making a HUGE assumption that the fees field is the outstanding fees (which is a terrible process), this query would get you the list of users who have an outstanding fee and their joined date was > 30 days ago.

SELECT id, fname, name, fee, `date`

FROM users

WHERE fees > 0

AND date < CURDATE() - INTERVAL 30 DAY

Or, if you want ALL the users to display in a list and show specific notices next to the ones who's fee is pending, you could either add that logic to the output processing OR you could add a dynamic field to the query result.

SELECT *,
       (`date` < CURDATE() - INTERVAL 30 DAY and fees > 0) as fee_due

FROM `users`

But, if you are doing as I suspect, it is a poor implementation.

i got ur point sir...wot should i do ..u i need one table more? name fees history...plz help i got your point sir..

I can't give you any advice as you still have not answered my previous questions.

Are the fees a one-time event or will there be recurring fees: monthly, yearly, etc?

Are the fees to be paid in their entirety when paid or can they be paid partially?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.