frmvalidator.addValidation regexp for a line break?

sleepyw
Go to solution Solved by requinix,

I'm using the frmvalidator.addValidation code (with the associated validator.js file) and I cannot for the life of me find anywhere how to include an allowable character of a line break to the regexp.

For example, I might have something like:

frmvalidator.addValidation("Notes","regexp=^[A-Za-z0-9\u005F\ \.\-\@\,\%\*\!\?\$\&\'\#\+\=\:\;\(\)\u2022]{1,300}$","Notes can only contain the following non-alphanumeric characters: ,'?!/*&%$#@:;_+=@");

But if a user enters a line break, it won't accept it. I've tried adding \u000D, \u000A, \u000C, U+000D, \r\n, \n ..... nothing works.

Am I missing something really obvious?

\r and \n are easier than the \u syntax, but they'll be interpreted by Javascript and you'll get those characters inside the actual string.

Escape the backslashes like "\\r\\n".

Hi again requinix!

OK...I need to edit my post. It actually did work, but now the bullet point character is not being accepted when it previously was (I think that's the \u2022).

Edit #2: I moved the \u2022 up further into the regexp and it's working now.

Run into this a lot where the order is critical, but not sure what the order is supposed to be.

Thanks again for your help!

Edited by sleepyw

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.