function __autoload

jacob1986

I have two questions relating to each other which are regarding - both function __autoload and adding products to a class?

Code for an autoload function (please see code #1), the output prints - but also gives an error message? Moreover, I also receive the notification in my php editor "class 'ooo' not found"? If I may ask a silly question I have noticed some autoload fucctions have implode and explode - how would I write one of these?

The output and error:

My Antonia: Willa Cather (5.99)

Fatal error: Class 'ooo' not found in C:\

Code#1:

<?php
// we've writen this code where we need
function __autoload($classname) {
    $filename = "./". $classname .".php";
    include_once($filename);
}

// we've called a class ***
$obj = new ooo();
?>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How would I add more products to this product class?

code#2:

<?php

class shopProduct {
    public $title;
    protected $producer = [];
    public $price;

public function __construct($title, $producerName1, $producerName2, $price) {
        $this->title = $title;
        $this->producer[] = $producerName1;
        $this->producer[] = $producerName2;
        $this->price = $price;
    }

public function getProducer() {
        return implode(' ', $this->producer);
    }
}

class ShopProductWriter {
    public function write ($shopProduct) {
        $str = "{$shopProduct ->title}: " . $shopProduct -> getProducer() . " ({$shopProduct -> price})\n";
        print $str;
    }
}

$product1 = new ShopProduct("My Antonia", "Willa", "Cather", 5.99);
$writer = new ShopProductWriter();
$writer -> write($product1);

?>

You would use explode() and implode() in an autoloader to use the class's namespace to map a directory structure. For instance, you would map Foo\Objects\MyObject to /Foo/Objects/MyObject.php by exploding on '\' and imploding with '/'. You're getting the 'class not found' error because you're not loading the file that contains the class definition for ooo().

You're not going to add more products to the product class - each instance of the class represents a single product. So, you would have a Shop class that would contain an array of Product classes. (I'm assuming this is from Zandstra's book, as your other post references the book and I remember him using Willa Cather as an example.) I can't remember exactly how he describes using the Product class, but I think he discusses this a bit further on.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.