Sessions in Symfony 3

PadLock

Hi. First post here.

I am currently developing an application for a client. We elected to go with Symfony 3 and PHP 7 for the build to give it a longer lifespan. I am currently working with session management and it appears that for some reason Symfony is auto starting the session. I am entirely unsure why it is doing this or where it is being told to. I verified that the session auto start was disabled in php.ini and I have check the YML config files for Symfony.

I tested for this with the following code:

$session = $this->container->get('session')->isStarted();

echo $session;
        exit();

It returned a value of 1. What am I missing?

http://symfony.com/doc/current/components/http_foundation/sessions.html

Symfony sessions are designed to replace several native PHP functions. Applications should avoid using session_start(), session_regenerate_id(), session_id(), session_name(), and session_destroy() and instead use the APIs in the following section.

While it is recommended to explicitly start a session, a session will actually start on demand, that is, if any session request is made to read/write session data.

Symfony sessions are incompatible with php.ini directive session.auto_start = 1 This directive should be turned off in php.ini, in the webserver directives or in .htaccess.

• Like 1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.