Trying to duplicate a Form field without success

Chrisj

I'm using the phpMotion script and trying to add a 2nd "tag" field to the Upload Video Form. (The 'tag' field is for entering tags or search words, so the video can be found when searching).

<li style="width:240px; text-align:right;"><strong>[var.lang_tags]:</strong></li>
<li style="width:400px; text-align:left;"><input name="tags" type="text" class="upload-video-form-input" value="[var.tags]" size="38" />
</li>

I copied and duplicated that code, like so:

<li style="width:240px; text-align:right;"><strong>[var.lang_tags]:</strong></li>
<li style="width:400px; text-align:left;"><input name="tags" type="text" class="upload-video-form-input" value="[var.tags]" size="38" />
</li>

<li style="width:240px; text-align:right;"><strong>[var.lang_tags]2:</strong></li>
</li>

But upon submitting the Form, Tags2: (the duplicated line) was required to proceed, not the original Tag field.

Can you tell me what else I need to do to create a second (required) Tag field?

Thank you for your reply.

I changed the duplicated lines to this:

<li style="width:240px; text-align:right;"><strong>[var.lang_tags]2:</strong></li>
<li style="width:400px; text-align:left;"><input name="tags2" type="text" class="upload-video-form-input" value="[var.tags]" size="38" />

Buy I can't find what is entered into Tags2 field when I search. The mysql has a column named 'tags', so do you think I'd be on the right track if I added a column named 'tags2' in that db, and then add 'tags2' to this line in the search.php file:

$type_query_rows     = 'indexer, video_id, title, title_seo, date_uploaded, user_id, video_length, approved, public_private, description, tags, number_of_views';

I look forward to any guidance.
Much thanks

You need to learn how RDBMS really work and what proper table design is. NO - you don't add another column; you produce a second record.

I could write for 10 minutes telling you more but it would behoove you better to spend a few hours reading and learning what I would attempt to tell you. Better you teach yourself some things before going further in this endeavor.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.