html form not handled by android

ginerjm

ok - php script sends an html form back to the sender that has some results displayed in it plus a submit button that triggers another php script which opens up a web page. Works great on a laptop and my iphone but when someone with a Samsung 6/android get the email and clicks the button he gets:

net err cache miss

for a message along with the contents of the action attribute of the form tag in the email. The query string looks like it should but what is this error message? I googled those words and got a slew of places where people encountered it but none of them apply to me. I'm not doing android programming, nor anything out of the ordinary. Just sending a form to whomever wants to read it and click on it.

Anyone seen this?

Is it the actual string "net err cache miss" and not like "net::ERR_CACHE_MISS"? And you say the rest of the process is working fine?

As you've probably seen it's apparently an issue with Chrome, but one that should have been resolved in 2014 or so. What version of the browser is the phone using, and are there any updates for it?

Yes the message is as you say. And I don't have the phone so I can't tell what the browser/version is.

Yes - I have seen all the postings referring to Chrome and their age, but this Android is still getting the issue.

I will have the user check for updates but I would think that his phone s/b getting automatic updates, no?

Oh, you put the form in the email? As HPierce said that's definitely not a portable solution, but I agree that it could be the cause of the problem.

I also saw Content-Type mentioned somewhere as a potential source of the problem. Try removing that.

But you really should get the form out of the email. Typically this means a link, probably styled as a button, going to a webpage with a real form. I definitely recommend that approach.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.