3 replies to this topic

#1 requinix

requinix
  • Administrators
  • Impoverished Administrator
  • 9,874 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:59 PM

Once again, validation and notification emails broke on the server. They should be fixed now. I don't remember what the earlier issue was but I think this one is different.

It's going through the backlog of verification emails so anybody missing theirs will probably get them within the next day or so. If you still haven't received yours by then, or want it now, then use the Resend link at the top-right of the page. (If you don't have a link then you don't need to validate.)

Edited by requinix, 14 July 2016 - 06:15 PM.
notification emails too

"Basically, I think the general rule of thumb is: if someone really wants the blood that's inside of your body, and they're like a vampire, or a dracula, or some sort of man-squito, then that's probably okay. A dracula and a man-squito are made for removing things like blood and swords from inside your body. That's basically fine. If something wants to get at your blood and they're, say, some kind of murdersaurus, or maybe a really big frog, that's where the problems start to arise. A really big frog is not made for removing blood, and your blood knows this, which is why it is so vehement about wanting to stay in your body instead of coming out. Unfortunately this will not deter a really big frog because a really big frog is full of things like prizes, and value, and quite a lot of hatred, and it would really rather like to replace any and all of those things with your blood, and basically by any means possible." --slumbermancer

#2 Barand

Barand
  • Moderators
  • Sen . ( ile || sei )
  • 18,169 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:03 PM

Are notification emails going to be brought back too?

Edited by Barand, 14 July 2016 - 06:03 PM.

If you are still using mysql_ functions, STOP! Use mysqli_ or PDO. The longer you leave it the more you will have to rewrite.

Donations gratefully received

moon.png

|baaGrid| easy data tables - and more
|baaChart| easy line, column and pie charts

#3 requinix

requinix
  • Administrators
  • Impoverished Administrator
  • 9,874 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:15 PM

Notification emails would have been broken too. Are they working now?

Actually, I can see some emails to you being sent. A couple bounces. You should be receiving a lot of them about now...
"Basically, I think the general rule of thumb is: if someone really wants the blood that's inside of your body, and they're like a vampire, or a dracula, or some sort of man-squito, then that's probably okay. A dracula and a man-squito are made for removing things like blood and swords from inside your body. That's basically fine. If something wants to get at your blood and they're, say, some kind of murdersaurus, or maybe a really big frog, that's where the problems start to arise. A really big frog is not made for removing blood, and your blood knows this, which is why it is so vehement about wanting to stay in your body instead of coming out. Unfortunately this will not deter a really big frog because a really big frog is full of things like prizes, and value, and quite a lot of hatred, and it would really rather like to replace any and all of those things with your blood, and basically by any means possible." --slumbermancer

#4 Barand

Barand
  • Moderators
  • Sen . ( ile || sei )
  • 18,169 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:09 PM

Yes!  approx 30 emails from the site sitting in my inbox.

If you are still using mysql_ functions, STOP! Use mysqli_ or PDO. The longer you leave it the more you will have to rewrite.

Donations gratefully received

moon.png

|baaGrid| easy data tables - and more
|baaChart| easy line, column and pie charts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users