Need help with accept/decline

Trium918

I'm trying to allow the user to accept/decline challenges from other users through submit buttons. I have it where the initial user submit his or her challenge to the database, but how do I go about retrieving the data from the database and sending it to user who is being challenged, so that they are allowed to accept or decline? I just need to be pointed in the right direction, thanks.

How do the users know that they have to check for challenges? Are these challenges targeted at certain users only?

So much you haven't told us.

I'm sorry about that, but to answer your question yes. The challenge is targeted at specific users.

So - how long does a user have to respond to a challenge? Can he just ignore it or must he respond in a certain time?

From what you say, you will have challenges stored in your db with a userid. That user logs in and runs a query script that pulls up a set of challenges containing his id. The script outputs a display of the challenges with enough info for the targeted user to decide what to do and he then clicks an Accept or Decline button next to that row's data.(An html table would be nice here.) Or you could just run the query for the oldest challenge and respond to it and then let the script produce the next challenge.

So - how long does a user have to respond to a challenge? Can he just ignore it or must he respond in a certain time?

From what you say, you will have challenges stored in your db with a userid. That user logs in and runs a query script that pulls up a set of challenges containing his id. The script outputs a display of the challenges with enough info for the targeted user to decide what to do and he then clicks an Accept or Decline button next to that row's data.(An html table would be nice here.) Or you could just run the query for the oldest challenge and respond to it and then let the script produce the next challenge.

2 hrs. Also would a loop be necessary for multiple challenges

Edited by Trium918

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.