Issues with login system

ProgrammerHelp

My sign in code called activation is the script called activation.php. my login page is login.php and my profile page is the landing page once a successful login in attempt is made. the activation.php is the issue as i us the form in sign.php to login but the activation.php doesn't redirect me to the sign in page once a fail attempt is made or it doesn't redirect me to my profile page once a successful login in attempt is made.

The following link has the code:https://gist.github.com/confusedstudent21/410f04991691f485e6c28d1e4050e13a

where is it going wrong?

The code is badly fudged up.

You have a random mixture of mysqli_* calls and mysql_* calls (copy-and-paste, I guess), you overwrite your own Location headers because you never stop the script. And the plaintext passwords are hopefully just a bad joke.

I'm fairly sure the code does nothing but fill the PHP error log with messages (which you should check, by the way). You should scrap it, learn PDO and start over.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.