Recording url redirect in iframe?

saynotojava

How do i record with php when user loads external url which redirect , what urls's he loaded by using invisible iframe(so the user still stay at my site) ?

I do know this can be done with curl and i tested it, but problem with curl how it access url redirect by using server, while it should access as user.

Sounds pretty nefarious, doesn't it?  Given he's also shot-gunned this by asking at PHPBuilder, I do have to wonder about intentions.  What if he's asking "How can I show someone else's site in a IFRAME so that they think they're using another site by they're really still using my site ..."

Yikes....

Purpose of this is to detect malware/bad links in redirect url - when you have a redirect url which redirect based on criteria, url might be fine when you check with your browser, but could be malware/bad link with other browser. Method does not need to be iframe(this is just idea to do it), nor user need to stay on site, i just need to see what happening with user when he leave site.

At the moment i need to use different browsers manually to do such checks, but when you have tons of links to check it become a tedious job.

What? You want to use your users as laboratory rats for potentially malicious sites? Are you kidding?

If you don't know if a site is trustworthy, then don't redirect to that site. What kind of application is this, anyway?

You generally cannot “see what a user is doing on another site”, and with good reason. Would you want us to see your PayPal account, your e-mails, your private Facebook messages?

What? You want to use your users as laboratory rats for potentially malicious sites? Are you kidding?

If you don't know if a site is trustworthy, then don't redirect to that site. What kind of application is this, anyway?

You generally cannot “see what a user is doing on another site”, and with good reason. Would you want us to see your PayPal account, your e-mails, your private Facebook messages?

Let me put this way - let's say you are webmaster, and i am advertiser. I give you a link to advertise on your site, you checked it and it is fine. But i added a setting to redirect to bad url which is different then your browser, and wouldn't you want to know what is really happening? I dont need to know what exactly is user doing it after url is loaded, but i do need to know does he see same thing when i load url in my browser.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.