Help with IF statement

Texan78

I am sure I am having a brain fart and just need some extra eyes as I am overlooking something. I am trying to do a very simple IF statement but, for some reason it is not working. 

Here is what I have. 

<?php if ($status[1] < true) { echo $location[1]; } ?>

I have also tried it this way and it won't work ether. 

<?php if ($status[1] < true) echo $location[1]; ?>

I am using that same $status variable in a different ELSE/IF statement and it works fine but, for some reason it is not working for this. 

Logic behind how this is suppose to work. 

This is pulling from a database and I can echo the $location variable just fine so I know that is working. 

$status also comes from the database with a value of ether true or false. 

So what I am trying to do is if the $status value is true then echo $location which is just the location which is in the DB. 

For some odd reason which I am sure it is something simple I am overlooking, it is not working. 

If anyone could offer my tired eyes some input that would be greatly welcomed. 

-Thanks

Edited by Texan78

What is true false doing in your if else statement? How is the if statement suppose to know if status[1] is less than true hahaha wtf man assign some value to the true like

$true = 1; 

If($status[1] < $true){
echo 'bla bla';
}
Or something this it has to be

$status[1] = 'true'; 

If($status[1] == 'true'){
echo 'bla bla';
}
Edited by lovephp

What is true false doing in your if else statement? How is the if statement suppose to know if status[1] is less than true hahaha wtf man assign some value to the true like

$true = 1; 

If($status[1] < $true){
echo 'bla bla';
}

I appreciate your response but, I do not appreciate the sarcastic remarks I am receiving when it is not deserving. I do not work with PHP but a couple times a year if that. So I could do without the ridicule. A much better approach instead of demeaning people would be to guide them. That is why this is a community support forum. For those looking for support on issues in which they are stuck on. Not to be laughed at for the lack of proficient PHP knowledge. 

As I stated in my OP....

Therefore if $status = true then echo blah blah blah. 

If I am doing this incorrectly could someone please provide me with a better and correct approach as I am only going off memory and my searches are coming up empty. 

-Thanks!

I doubt that, because database systems like MySQL cannot store true or false. So what does the variable really contain? An integer like 0 and 1? A string like “true” and “false”? Something else? If you don't know, var_dump() will tell you:

var_dump($status);

Post the output here.

I appreciate your response but, I do not appreciate the sarcastic remarks I am receiving when it is not deserving.

You already said that you're probably having a brainfart, so why get pissed off when somebody points out the exact problem?

Asking if a condition is “less than fulfilled” is just an odd way off thinking. Nobody made fun of your programming skills.

• Like 1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.