Read process memory php

reidjako

Hey guys, 

So I have been looking around for a while, and I was wondering if I could read process memory (rpm) and write process memory (wpm) from my webserver to the client. Say I had a c++ 32 bit application and I wanted to read memory of the application and change it, is it possible to do this? Ideally it would be a server side language, also I had a look and the basic consensus is no, however is it possible to do something similar to mouse_event in php, js or another web server language. 

Sorry I am new! Thanks guys!

I found this string shmop_read ( int $shmid , int $start , int $count ) which is reading a shared memory block. What is a shared memory block? Thanks!

Edited by reidjako

I can't imagine that a browser extension framework would provide access to the sorts of things you need. They're just not meant to do that. So that means installing a program (as in a real software application) on the client that would allow your server to make remote connections and control the client.

Which is a horrible idea.

So... no. Not possible.

As for shared memory, that's something completely different and not the least bit applicable to your situation.

It would help a lot if you told us what you want to do rather than how you think it should be done, because clearly your current approach is horribly misguided.

So you want to react to mouse events. And then what? Do you understand that JavaScript can handle mouse events and communicate with the server through techniques like Ajax?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.