How to quickly find the matching curly brace?

tommytx
Go to solution Solved by tommytx,

I have seen the capability to put the mouse on the top curly brace for a function or foreach etc and the matching curly brace would lite up.. can anyone steer me to something like that or give me an easy way to find the matching curly brace without having to try to analyze which are open and which are closed till you finally figure out which one is the matching one... Thanks..

• Solution

Found the answer.. and placing it here in case anyone else has the same questions

Both sublime text and Notepad ++ work fantastic for this.. all you do is hilite the beginning bracket and bingo it takes you to its matching bracket....

Really slick..

HTML_Kit Tools is a pretty good IDE. Highlights different types of code with diff colors; identifies matching parens, braces, brackets. Does browser previewing. Does ftp connections for each project you create in it. Free trial with no expiration but if you like it it's really not that expensive to purchase.

Pls don't waste other folks time if you have no idea what you are talking about.. Thanks...

The point of his reply was that it's impossible to answer your question without knowing what editor application you are using. Every application will have a different way of accomplishing this, assuming it has a way at all.

Ask complete questions and maybe you won't get your time wasted with sarcastic answers.

Edited by kicken

Having found those tools that solve this ONE problem, do they also do syntax highlighting and reserved 'word' highlighting to help you produce more accurate code while you type? The product I mentioned does that with the php code to help me as I go along. Function names are highlighted when spelled/hyphenated correctly to keep me from mis-typing them. Makes a huge difference when your environment is consciously trying to help you along.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.