If array total is equal to echo message if greater display different message

Texan78
Go to solution Solved by Texan78,

Hello, I am having some issues with some else if statements I am currently working on where if a certain value is equal to a certain number display a certain message else if greater then display a different message. I have tried a number of different combinations without success. 

What I am trying to accomplish is if the total number of "true" statements from the array is 1 display $notify1Online message and if it is 2 or greater the display the $notifyOnline message else display the $notifyOffline message. I have gone through the PHP manual and done a number of research and played with some different combinations but cannot seem to get this to work. Could someone offer some assistance as to what I am doing wrong. 

$resultArr = array();//to store results

//lets execute the query
$executingFetchQuery = $mysqli->query("SELECT `StreamStatus` FROM streamdb WHERE 1");
if($executingFetchQuery)
{
   while($arr = $executingFetchQuery->fetch_assoc())
   {
        $resultArr[] = $arr['StreamStatus'];//storing values into an array
   }
}

$counts = array_count_values($resultArr);//lets count the results
$online = $counts['true'];
$total = (in_array("true", $resultArr));

// Lets assemble the banners to display
$notifyOffline = '<div class="alert alert-danger" role="alert" data-toggle="tooltip" data-placement="top" title=" "> There are currently no active chasers online streaming at this time.</div>';

$notify1Online = '<div class="alert alert-success" role="alert" data-toggle="tooltip" data-placement="top" title=" "> There is currently 1 chaser streaming LIVE... </div>';

$notifyOnline = '<div class="alert alert-success" role="alert" data-toggle="tooltip" data-placement="top" title=" "> There are currently '.$online.' chasers streaming LIVE... </div>';

//lets display the banners
if ( $total = "1" ) {
    echo $notify1Online;
} elseif ( $total < "2" ) {
    echo $notifyOnline;
} else {
    echo $notifyOffline;
}

-Thanks!

• Solution

Got this resolved. Helps if I was using the right variable to get the correct value. Was using $total when I should have been using $online which is why the == wasn't working when I first tried it as it was suppose to be. 

//lets display the banners
if ( $online == "1" ) {
    echo $notify1Online;
} elseif ( $online >= "2" ) {
    echo $notifyOnline;
} else {
    echo $notifyOffline;
}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.