Order by the total of two entries?

BadSpirits

I'm quite confused as if this is even possible. I'm pretty novice when it comes to MySQL and I was trying something like this earlier. I have no idea how to go about it. I suppose an example may be in order..

I have ten people in a database, these ten people have a bank account and a wallet. I would like to order these ten people by the total of their bank account and wallet. Is that possible with just an SQL query or will I have to write some sort of PHP array sorting system?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, the only other forum that it looked like it belonged in was PHP Newbies but since this is an SQL question I thought it probably belongs here. Also sorry if this is explained somewhere I didn't really know what to look for, like I said, novice. Any help is appriciated.

[!--quoteo(post=326727:date=Dec 12 2005, 10:33 AM:name=ryanlwh)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ryanlwh @ Dec 12 2005, 10:33 AM) 326727[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

[!--sql--][div class=\'sqltop\']SQL[/div][div class=\'sqlmain\'][!--sql1--][span style=\'color:blue;font-weight:bold\']SELECT[/span] *, bank+wallet AS totalAmt FROM users ORDER BY totalAmt [!--sql2--][/div][!--sql3--]

Thank you so much, ryanlwh. You're a life saver. I wish I could hug you. :D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.