Ideal Framework

CrazyCodeMan

I recently started developing a framework for PHP and Javascript. I have some information about it on configdev.com. I am about halfway done with it. I was wondering what the community thinks of my concept for this framework. I would also like to ask, if anyone has anything they like or dislikes about frameworks they use? What is your ideal framework? I am trying to create something that removes all that redundant coding we do on a daily basis and reduces the frustration that comes with all the complications of working with even our best frameworks. So, basically, I want to know what you want so I can create a framework that you will not only all use, but really enjoy. I think Laravel is by far the best framework out there for PHP, just my opinion. I also think that as good as it is, there could still be something better, I'm never satisfied.

Kind of hard to answer that since my framework is API driven. But for the API, if you check out the example on configdev.com, one thing would be the validation done at the model level. If you check that a field is unique in the database, you should not have to tell the validation to check for unique, it should be done automatically. How about the need for a controller and router? If done right, the framework can take care of them behind the scenes. In all reality, all you need is models and custom code. Also at the model level and controller level, all basic REST SQL should be done automatically based on the URL. You should never have to write the basic SQL statements like select * from table or select * from table where id=2, or the basic insert, update, delete statements. Those are some improvements right there. I'm really looking for what you guys would improve. 

• 1 month later...
Of course, it largely depends on what you want to do. But you asked a question about a framework, so I assume you are more interested in implementing software at a business domain level. (as opposed to writing operating systems, content management systems, device drivers, IoT stuff, etc).Personally, I Suggest you Laravel is the best Framework to work, [/size]Laravel is far from perfect (as is PHP), but being highly opinionated, you spend less time struggling about the painful intricacies of PHP and dealing with non-core domains like authentication and authorization and get on with what you want to build.[/size] Edited by requinix

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.