Help to incorporate recaptcha to existing form

R0CKY

Hi

Im hoping I can get some help with this - as it is a big problem for me.

I am trying to add googles recaptcha code to my existing php page with a comment form...

This is the code I have to place before the submit button

<button
class="g-recaptcha"
data-sitekey="---deleted----"
data-callback="YourOnSubmitFn">
Submit
</button>

And This is my current form code from a php file (I've stripped out table layout tags for clarity)

<form action="{$settings.dburl}/index.php?act=comments&c=post&file={$file.file_id}" method="post">
   {#post_comment#}
   {#poster#
        <input type="text" name="subject" id="subject" size="40" maxlength="150" />
        <textarea name="comment" id="comment" rows="12" style="width: 95%"></textarea>
        <input type="submit" value="{#post_comment#}" onclick="postComment({$file.file_id}); return false;" />
</form>

I am confused about what I should replace the YourOnSubmitFn with?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by R0CKY

Have you read the documentation? The callback must be a JavaScript function which is called when the user tries to solve the CAPTCHA and has a single parameter for the user's response (g-recaptcha-response). This response must be sent to the server along with the actual form data and then verified.

Your system for form submission is rather strange, though, so I cannot comment on how to actually implement the function.

This is the difficulty I have, I have no php or javascript experience and as you have spotted, I am using a rather old script. I usually muddle through with trial and error, however I am struggling now.

I'll figure it out though.

Thanks for the pointers.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.