Good Morning

Jim-W-1949

• 1 month later...

Thanks, I will try my best to learn as much as I can.  I am retired but I get pretty busy at times doing other things at times, more busy than when I was still working.  

I do woodworking as a hobby and for some unknown reason I get swamped with small jobs from time to time.  Right now I have at least a dozen projects to do, from fixing kid's dressers to repairing a porch for an older couple.  I would rather be working on trying to learn PHP, but I hate to turn down jobs like this because it is hard for people to find someone to work on small projects.  The people who come to me for help are kind of at their wit's end because I am one of the very few people around here who has all the tools and equipment and who will work on their small projects.  

Anyway, I am trying to learn PHP and I had intended on taking a course at the local technical college, but they don't have just a course I can take, I have to take a whole program and that includes several courses and leads to a degree.  A degree is OK I guess, but I am 67 years old so it won't really do me all that much good.  I just want to learn PHP so I can do some things that interest me, not start a new career.  But I can't take just a PHP course so I have decided to try and learn, at least the basics, on my own.  Whether I can do that or not remains to be seen, but I intend to give it a try and see how far I get.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.