JSON to PHP variables

branmh

I new to using JSON and PHP.  I need some help on how to convert it over to a php array of variables. 

I want to take this file https://api.weather.gov/stations/KAMA/observations/current and convert it over. Is it possible to put everything into variables? I'm able to see the entire json with this code 

$json_ary = json_decode($file,true);

foreach($json_ary as $key => $val) {
    //echo "$key<br>\n";
    foreach ($val as $key2 => $val2) {
        echo "... $key2 => $val2<br>\n";
            foreach ($val2 as $key3 => $val3) {
	        echo "... $key3 => $val3<br>\n";
    }

}
}

But it's not returning what I'm wanting. Like on temperature, I would like the value to automatically assigned to temperature. If you can help that would be greatly appreciated. At the beginning of the week I lost my friend that helps me out on this stuff and I'm so lost. 

Moreover, extracting variables from arrays fetched from external sources poses a threat to the security of the application. What if someone puts a key into an array that overwrites an existing variable belonging to your application?

You can repack it to use it more conveniently, but always keep these data in some array or object.

$json_ary = json_decode($file, true);
$weatherInfo = array(
  'temperature' => $json_ary['properties']['temperature']['value'],
);
echo $weatherInfo['temperature'];
Edited by Zyx

Simply pass the entire $json_ary (you might want to choose a better name) to your template and then access whatever data you need.

I also strongly recommend you learn the basics of PHP before jumping into this project. Otherwise you'll waste a lot of time on imaginary problems like this one and wrong approaches like in your other thread.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.