php insert linked id with table

johnjohny

I have a table of albums and songs, if I want to add a song which is linked to my album the "songID" I have to insert it into my database, so I tried to add the id to my button " zie nummers (add-songs) " but it says I have a undefined index id I don't know how to fix this problem.

: code of the table song : 

$db = mysqli_connect($host, $user, $pass,$database);

if($db){

$h.= "";
$h.= "<form><table class='table table-striped table-hover'>";
$h.= "<tr>";
$h.= "<th>Nr.</th>";
$h.= "<th>Songs</th>";

$h.= "<td style='text-align:right;'><a href='/?action=add-songs&id='".$_GET['id']."' class='btn btn-primary'>VOEG TOE</a></td>";

$h.="<br>";
$h.= "</tr>";

$sql = mysqli_query($db,"SELECT * FROM songs WHERE songID = '".$_GET['id']."' ");

if($sql){

if(mysqli_num_rows($sql)>0){

while ($row = mysqli_fetch_assoc($sql)){

$h.= "<tr>";
$h.= "<td>".$row['id']."</td>";
$h.= "<td>".$row['songName']."</td>";
$h.= "</tr>";
}

}else{

echo "<tr>No Recore Found</tr>";

}

$h.= "</table></form>";

echo $htop;
echo $h;
echo $hbot;

code of add-songs : 

$db = mysqli_connect($host, $user, $pass,$database);

if($_GET['action3'] == "2"){

mysqli_query($db, "INSERT INTO songs (songName, songID) VALUES ('".$_GET['songname']."')");
header("Location: /?action=show-songs");

}

$h = "";
$h.= "";

$h.= "<form><input type='hidden' name='action' value='add-songs'><input type='hidden' name='action3' value='2'><input type='hidden' name='id' value='ids'><table class='table table-striped'>";
$h.= " <tr>";
$h.= " <td><b>Nummer</b></td>";
$h.= " <td><input type='text' name='songname' class='form-control' placeholder='Naam'></td>";
$h.= " </tr>";
$h.= " <tr>";
$h.= " <td colspan='2'><input class='btn btn-primary' type='submit' value='UPDATE'></td>";
$h.= " </tr>";
$h.= "</table></form>";

echo $htop;
echo $h;
echo $hbot;

This depends on your database schema. Often with mysql people will utilize AUTO_INCREMENT which uses mysql built in sequence generation.

When you do the INSERT, you should not specify the ID column in the INSERT. Mysql will fill it with a valid sequence number when the insert occurs. You can then use a routine in the mysql api to get the newly allocated ID if you need it.

mysqli_query($db, "INSERT INTO songs (songName) VALUES ('{$_GET['songname']}')");
You might want to note how I interpolated the array variable in a cleaner way using {} to surround it rather than all that concatenation which is hard to read, not to mention error prone.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.