How to modify a predefined database?

Jose_A

Hi, I recently downloaded a system that the owner has put free for the public. That system is based on a library to lend books. I'm editing it to make a store with options to deliver products, the problem is that the system is designed in a way that if someone rents a book, another person can't ask for that book, the system will not let me order a product that someone else has already ordered.

This image shows the problem, if someone takes a product must have a single copy and it is automatically exhausted.

wMgD4KK.png

I want that any person can request x quantity of products although another person has already requested that same product.

I tried to change it in the database and php codes but I do not have the level of programming needed to be able to remove it, the page crashes, the system crashes, stops working if I try to change something related.

What part should I modify in order to achieve what I explained above?, I share a file with the system in case someone is interested in checking it : http://www.mediafire.com/file/77fzd1v8i6ruu6j/library-php-master.zip

Thanks in advance !!

Edited by Jose_A

Why would you start with a system designed for a different purpose than the one you need? There are shopping solutions available as well. Start with one of those. It is not as simple as changing an option in the database to change how the application functions. You would have to find all the relevant places in the code to make changes too. A library app is specifically built to have a certain quantity of items that can come and go. A shopping app needs to have an inventory that is reduced as people buy (i.e. check out). but, there will never be a check-in - at least not in the way it would work for a library app. Plus, you will need the ability to add to the inventory and possibly allow back orders, etc. etc.

You are only going to find one problem after another. Either find a shopping app that has the right framework to begin with that you can modify or build from scratch.

I know, I took risks when I started my project with that system, the problem is that I've weeks working on it and the deadline to deliver the project is in a week, I can't start a new project from scratch...I just want to know if there is a solution, I know it's complicated but it can be done?

Many things can be done, but this is clearly a job for a programmer, not something we can answer in this forum. I can move your thread to the job section, if you wish.

I agree, let's see who can work on it..

Let's see who can work on it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.