A fatal JavaScript error? in phpMyAdmin

the_ONLY_one

I am trying to figure how to fix this error I keep receiving when I am applying Normalization to my tables in phpMyAdmin. This only pops up at the bottom of the screen when ever I try to complete the 3NF of the normalization process.

The error is "A fatal JavaScript error has occurred. Would you like to send an error report?"

Below is a snippet of the details of the error code I am seeing but I can't seem to figure out how to fix the issue. I have also tried several browsers and all seem to give the same problem.

{
    "pma_version": "4.6.5.2",
    "browser_name": "IE",
    "browser_version": 11,
    "user_os": "Win",
    "server_software": "Apache/2.4.23 (Win64) PHP/7.0.10",
    "user_agent_string": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko",
    "locale": "en",
    "configuration_storage": "disabled",
    "php_version": "7.0.10",
    "exception_type": "js",
    "exception": {
        "mode": "onerror",
        "message": "Invalid character",
        "stack": [
            {
                "line": 4,
                "func": "removeAttr",
                "context": [
                    "/*! jQuery v2.1.4 | (c) 2005, 2015 jQuery Foundation, Inc. | jquery.org/lic//...",
                    "!function(a,b){\"object\"==typeof module&&\"object\"==typeof module.exports?mod//...",
                    "return M.access(a,b,c)},removeData:function(a,b){M.remove(a,b)},_data:funct//...",
                    "void 0===c?d&&\"get\"in d&&null!==(e=d.get(a,b))?e:(e=n.find.attr(a,b),null==//...",
                    ";",
                    "",
                    "function sprintf() {",
                    "/*",
                    " * Copyright (c) 2013 Kevin van Zonneveld (http://kvz.io)"
                ],
                "filename": "jquery/jquery-2.1.4.min.js"
            }
        ],
        "useragent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; Trident/7.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; rv:11.0) like Gecko",
        "name": "",
        "uri": "normalization.php?goto=tbl_structure.php&back=tbl_structure.php"
    },
    "script_name": "normalization.php",
    "microhistory": null
}

Manually replace jquery-2.1.4.min.js with the non-minimized version and see if you can get a decent backtrace.

And try clearing your cache.

[edit] Apparently you already know about the clearing the cache thing, but don't know how. Does phpMyAdmin even have a cache?

Edited by requinix

Replacing the file probably won't fix the problem. The point is to get a backtrace more useful than

"stack": [
            {
                "line": 4,
                "func": "removeAttr",
                "context": [
                    "/*! jQuery v2.1.4 | (c) 2005, 2015 jQuery Foundation, Inc. | jquery.org/lic//...",
                    "!function(a,b){\"object\"==typeof module&&\"object\"==typeof module.exports?mod//...",
                    "return M.access(a,b,c)},removeData:function(a,b){M.remove(a,b)},_data:funct//...",
                    "void 0===c?d&&\"get\"in d&&null!==(e=d.get(a,b))?e:(e=n.find.attr(a,b),null==//...",
                    ";",
                    "",
                    "function sprintf() {",
                    "/*",
                    " * Copyright (c) 2013 Kevin van Zonneveld (http://kvz.io)"
                ],
                "filename": "jquery/jquery-2.1.4.min.js"
            }
        ],
this minimized mess. To identify the problem - or at least get a lead on it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.