Click Tracking And Analytics

MarkJohnsoon

Hello

I am not sure if anyone here is going to be able to help with this, it's not a coding issue as such, but here goes:

I am building click tracking software, which appears to be working perfectly from a  system point of view, all the relevant clicks are being stored in the system database along with all the details we need such as IP, CITY, COUNTRY, REFERRER, ETC. The system then uses the clicked link to redirect to the correct website.

The problem is, Google Analytics is showing completely different figures, it's as though analytics is ignoring most of the clicks we send over for some reason.

As an example, the system reports in the database for yesterday we sent roughly 1,000 clicks to a website, but analytics is only showing 50 sessions.

I understand that analytics filters sessions by 30 minute intervals of the same IP address, but we also do this, we only class the same IP as 1 click but the figures are still way off.

Has anyone experienced this before? The strange thing is, when i test clicks myself, they are both recorded in the system and analytics shows me as an active visitor on the website.

My mind says two possible problems: 1) Something in analytics is not right, or I am misunderstanding it 2) At some point the tracking system isn't redirecting the traffic - which i doubt because every test I do it's perfect.

Thanks

Mark

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.