sending sms

Destramic

hey guys, im wanting to send sms via php, but have no real know how or experience with it....and don't want to be throw my money into the wrong places.

i see there is a lot of companies out there where i can buy text bundles from and then use thier api to send an sms, which is great...but is there a way to cut the middle man out?

if not could someone recommend me a company?

thank you

I use Twilio, they have been good. Some providers have an email to sms gateway you can use, but they are all different last I checked. If you want to be able to send SMS to anyone you'll want to go with a service. If you're just looking to send them to yourself or a few people you could try the email to sms systems.

You could get your own hardware capable of sending messages and using that, such as trying to interface with your cell phone. That's not really cutting out the middle man though, rather just making your cell company the new middle man.

thank you kicken for the useful information...i've look into purchasing a GSM Router and hopefully will go ahead with setting up my own gateway, but firstly i need to speak with the mobile network providers in the UK to ensure i'm not breaking any the T&C's by doing this.

seems like a simple process to set up the hardware, also i see some scripts online that can process the AT commands to the com device....not sure if this is any good though.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0NgcxAkZSCHS2MzUEtQMWZYWUc0QmF0RzNBMUItck8wZUtR/edit

thanks again

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.