how make a similar website on a CMS similar to WordPress

Harrisparker

Guys. I have had years of experience in handling WordPress websites and I have been running them effectively for years. Though I consider myself talented, but there still are so many things to learn.

I am trying to start a new venture, where I would be offering design services with the help of some friends. Someone suggested me that you need to have role model, before you enter an industry, so I opted for this website. This is how I want my website to look like, but the problem is that this website is built on something which I know nothing about. I would love to learn a new language but I still have to take my chances.

Now, my question is whether it is possible to somehow make a similar website on a CMS similar to WordPress, (for obvious reasons) or do I have to learn another language just to make this website?

Secondly, I would really appreciate, if you guys could tell me something which I need to know before going for a PHP website, so I don’t have to learn it the hard way. I have heard that is PHP is very slow, but then again how does PHP work with so many popular websites such as Facebook.

Lastly, I would also appreciate if you guys could throw some light on "Shared Nothing-architecture". I consider this as a shortcoming, but there are a lot of people who consider this an advantage. It may be good for security but every time your website grows, you would need another server. Isn’t it?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.