Form Re-Submission?

TapeGun007

I believe this would be a JS question, but I could be wrong:

I query a database, it creates a table with all the matches, and then I click "Edit" next to one of the matches which passes an id so I can edit the user info.  However, if I click 'Back' in the browser, I get the usual

Confirm Form Resubmission

This webpage requires data that you entered earlier in order to be properly displayed. You can send this data again, but by doing so you will repeat any action this page previously performed.

• Press the reload button to resubmit the data needed to load the page.
ERR_CACHE_MISS

Is there a way to create a back button that would basically resubmit that form or is that even possible?  Yes, I don't want to have to re-click "refresh" to populate the form again. Call me lazy, I don't care. :)

So, is the scenario that the user selects to edit a record, but then decides they don't want to edit that record and wants to go back to the list of records? For that scenario, I typically implement a "Cancel" button on the edit form that will take the user back to the selection screen. Since your selection list is apparently based on a prior criteria input you could save that input as a session value. Then, clicking the cancel button will pull the search value from session and regenerate the selection list.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.